By Leo Babauta
I’m excited to tell you about my new video course, Habit Mastery, which is designed to help you practice and level up your habit skills.
It’s a 12-week course with two video lessons a week, daily practice, and interviews with 11 other amazing habit experts.
Guys, this is one of the best things I’ve ever created, and I really hope you’ll join me.
The course includes weekly Q&A where I answer your habit obstacle questions, a Facebook group for support from fellow participants, and 7 bonus ebooks. All of this for $299. The course will start on October 23, 2017 (but you can start anytime) … and it will run for 12 weeks.
Level Up Your Habit Skills
What will we cover in this course? Basically, the goal is to get you from one level of mastery to the next:
- Beginner to Intermediate: You struggle to create habits, and feel a bit lost in sticking to anything over the long term. We’ll have you practice the basics and some key skills to overcome the most common beginner problems.
- Intermediate to Advanced: You have successfully created some habits, but often have them fall apart when things get disrupted, and struggle with more difficult habits. We’ll have you practice advanced skills, and your habits will get more solid overall.
- Advanced to Habit Master: You are pretty good at creating habits, but are in a place where you’re trying to optimize your day, and are dealing with the more dynamic aspects of habit creation. Also, you’d like to tackle some of the hardest habits — mental habits. You’ll practice these and be amazing at everything.
Of course, it will all depend on how much work you put into it, but with the video lessons, daily practice, Facebook support group and ability to ask questions … we believe you’ll be in the optimal conditions for getting good at habits.
Topics We’ll Cover
Some of the topics we’ll cover during this course:
- How habits work, and how to get started getting good at them
- The most common obstacles, like disruptions, other people, your tendency to give up, starting again after stopping, and more
- How to structure your environment to make yourself more likely to stick to habits
- The common obstacles for common habits such as exercise, diet, meditation, waking early, decluttering, finances, procrastination, and more
- How to quit a bad habit
- How to change your mental habits
- How to get good at keeping your word to yourself
- And much more (seriously, we’ll cover a ton of amazing stuff)
Habit Expert Interviews
I have had the honor of interviewing the most incredible lineup of habit experts I could imagine, and their interviews will be a part of the course:
- Tim Ferriss, author of The 4-Hour Workweek and The 4-Hour Body
- Charles Duhigg, author of the Power of Habit
- BJ Fogg, director of Stanford University’s Persuasive Tech Lab and the Tiny Habits program
- Gretchen Rubin, author of Better Than Before: What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits
- Chelsea Dinsmore, co-founder of the awesome Live Your Legend blog, and one of the most grounded people I know
- Dr. Sean Young, author of Stick with It
- James Clear, author of Transform Your Habits
- Courtney Carver, author of Be More with Less blog and Soulful Simplicity
- Tynan, author of Superhuman by Habit
- Scott Young, author of How to Change a Habit
Honestly, I am so psyched to bring the incredible wisdom of these experts to you, they are all quite amazing!
In addition to the course, which I believe is already very valuable … I’m offering seven bonus ebooks that I’ve written:
- The Habit Guide
- Discipline, Solved
- Essential Zen Habits
- The Do Guide
- Beginner’s Guide to Mindfulness
- Focus: A Simplicity Manifesto in the Age of Distraction
This is about a $50 value (some of these books aren’t for sale anymore), but honestly I think if you put them to use, they could help you change your life.
Ask Questions, Leo Will Answer Them
In addition to the video lessons and exercises, I’m creating a Facebook group for discussion among participants, as well as the ability to submit questions about your particular struggle.
I’m going to do my best to answer most or all questions in articles and videos that I’ll publish during the course.
In answering these questions, I’ll be customizing the course for you. And I think we can all benefit from a discussion of whatever habit obstacles you face.
Please Support Zen Habits
If you sign up for this course, you’ll be helping to support my business and my family, and I would greatly appreciate it. I don’t run ads, do affiliate promotions, or sell products on Amazon. My entire business model is to create great content (books, courses, Sea Change Program) that will help you guys live a better life.
Again, this is probably the best thing I’ve ever created. I would love it if you supported the site by taking part in the course, and in the process, get good at a key set of life skills.
I hope you’ll join me.